This add-in replaces the function of "Save As" and indicating a CSV file. Add-in features:
- Creates a comma-separated values (CSV) file, per the LDS specification
- Removes any extra double-quotes from your spreadsheet, but adds them when necessary
- Pads leading zeros on OPC's
- Checks for invalid OPC's (checksum failure).
- Trims unnecessary leading and trailing spaces in columns
- Currently works with lens data (not sag data)
- Requires Excel 2000 or later (will not work with Excel 97)
After running the install program, and re-starting Excel, you will see
a new add-in (as shown above). It can be moved to the menu bar so as not to cover up the spreadsheet
working area. You then simply prepare the LDS file in Excel and then click LDS Export.
Please note: Optivision, Inc. cannot be held
liable for any damage or loss of data by using this add-in. The add-in is provided "as-is" and
comes with very limited support (via e-mail).
Please give feedback on how you like the add-in and how it can be improved. If there is enough
demand, maybe more features can be added.
Please e-mail feedback and comments to:
Click Here to download
and install Optivision's LDS Add-In for Excel.
Latest update: Apr 16 2010 2:38 pm